Sunday, March 04, 2012

THE DiSTANT VOiCE

I suddenly remembered how much I've neglected you my dear blog. These days, it seems easier to just tweet an instant emotion, thought, or query than sit in front of a keyboard and hammering away. But I also do realise, that when it comes to expressing the full string of expressions, tweets and FB updates just don't make the cut.

So I finally decide to recap as quickly as I can on my journeys the last couple months.

Dec 2011

I made a trip to Bali, my first and probably the last. I enjoyed myself thoroughly minus all the rippers that I encountered along the way. Lost some money to pay my way out of instances, but seeing the city side made up for it. Plus, I did make the trip with someone close, not anyone I could have discovered to be annoying during the trip. So that's a big minus, and two nice pluses.

The whole trip was quite unplanned, so the Villa, the beach bars, the clubs were all excellent surprises. The shopping was amazing, but blew quite some bucks there, and the water sports were, interestingly so-so. Expensive, yet not very fun with just 2 people running about. Christmas was spent there, so that's a first too.

Jan 2012

I returned to Singapore already. Work that needed to be cleared, were, and new projects made their way in. It was decided that we take a nice long week's break during the New Year, and we did just that. Expansion of the company was supposed to come around, but Fengshui dictated a somewhat grim outlook, with staying the status quo being the best policy. We held on, made some minor adjustments and arrangements in the office, and moved on.

Hired a new girl, which frankly, we thought was diligent, mature, and quite fitting for the team. Beyond that, we are just trying to survive.

New Year was great, caught up with plenty family and friends, some of whom I had an enjoyable time with.

Feb 2012

Is my month. I spent my birthday with a day off from work just to sit and idle by the beach. Perfect birthday.

Then came the nightmare of having to finish an entire TV series at breakneck speed. We're still at it, just that it seems to come fast and furious, and also finish with bangs and fireworks.

The Press Conference was a huge success apparently, so let's see how it performs during broadcast. Most of all, this be the first series with proper credits for the team, I like.

Present

Well, beyond all that has happened, 2011 rounded up with loads of work, a good healthy company turnover, and certainly a sweet holiday-end. 2012 seems tough, even though the world saw some really catastrophic incidences (damaged nuclear plant in Japan, change of leadership in North Korea, even major floods in Thailand), I think we survived a tumultuous year with something to smile about: being alive.

This year I made some commitments too - I bucked up with some repayments of old debts, looking to buy a vehicle to commute, and perhaps plan another trip to relax. I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I persevere and achieve the goals.

My only setback is that my relationships with some seem strained. I'm working on them, but a few just seem like beyond salvation. I sound morbid I think, but granted, there's only so much a hand can do to produce a clap. I look forward to glorious days and loving moments, but each time it just whizzes pass so quickly that it's hard to indulge in them. That, is definitely something I want to work further on.

Looking bright amid dark clouds, that's how it's going to be, and I'm still trying to stay upbeat, relaxed, positive, and motivated.

Wish me luck cyberspacemen.

No comments: